- Based on the cifX Toolkit source
- x86 and x64 (also known as AMD64) support for Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and Windows 10
- Support for PCI, PCIe, PC/104, PCI-104, ISA netX based hardware
- Unlimited number of cifX boards supported
- DMA data transfer for I/O data (only PCI based cifX PC cards)
- Driver architecture based on the Microsoft KMDF (Kernel Mode Driver Framework) architecture
- Compatible to the Plug&Play mechanism of Windows 2K, XP,Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and Windows 10
- Support for NXSB-PCA or NX-PCA-PCI boards included (PCI-Adapter to a netX DPM)
- Interrupt notification for applications
- Support of 2nd Memory Window for PCI based device (e.g. MRAM)
- Setting the device time during start-up if time handling is supported by the device
- Windows Plug & Play power save mode supported by the driver
Attention: The actual netX hardware states are not stored and will be lost during power down!
On system wake-up the hardware is re-started like on system power-on.
- No IA64 support
- Response times of driver calls are operating system and system load depending. Deterministic response times can’t be guaranteed
IMPORTANT NOTE: Windows® is not a deterministic real-time operating system. Any response times to specific hardware or driver functions can not be guaranteed and may differ between different versions of the Windows® operating systems. Furthermore, response times are also depending on the used host hardware, host performance, running services and installed software components.