IO-Link Gateway Demoboard
In order to shorten the development time for netX-based IO-Link products (such as gateways from PROFINET IO to-IO-Link, for instance), Hilscher developed the IO-Link Gateway Development Board. It allows developing the IO-Link firmware for the netX processor without already having a final design of your planned IO-Link device. So hardware and software development can be accomplished in parallel.
The IO-Link Gateway Development Board provides the all necessary interfaces for the development and test of netX-based IO-Link applications.
The design of the board contains:
- 8 IO-Link communication channels (each with standard M12 connectors and 4 LEDs)
- 2 Real-time Ethernet communication channels (each with standard M12 connectors and LEDs)
- USB interface for firmware update
- JTAG interface to connect with hardware debugging equipment
You can connect to a usual 24 V laboratory power supply device via the power supply cable with M16 connector which is contained within the scope of delivery.
The IO-Link Gateway Development Board can be used in two different application scenarios:
- With a (loadable) firmware supporting full PROFINET IO to-IO-Link gateway operation.
- With linkable object modules (no support for PROFINET IO)
For full gateway operation with application and IOLink protocol stack on different processors, the LFW firmware must be loaded. This is accomplished by a little software tool (ComProX) which can be found on the CD delivered with the board. For the data transfer the USB interface of the board is used.
In a linkable object module scenario (LOM), the application is running on the netX processor of the IO-Link Gateway Development Board. We provide an example for using the board in such a LOM Scenario.
Addition information can be found in IO-Link Gateway HW 01 EN.PDF