The netPI does not have a physical reset button or any other specific hardware detail to reset it to factory default. Instead a USB stick is needed to initiate the recovery of the system software.
Attention! Recovering a gateway with the following procedure explained below will clear all existing contents on the device's main storage memory (SD card). So before continuing make sure you made a backup using the gateway's management web UI under
Control Panel/System/Backup and Restore.
USB stick preparation
- Use an USB stick with a minimum size of 500Mbyte
- The stick should be at least USB 2.0 (USB 3.0 is better) compatible
- The stick have to be formatted FAT32. Please execute a full format and no quick format.
- The stick's volume have to be named "RECOVERY". Other names will not be accepted.
- Sticks of sizes >=64GByte can't be formatted FAT32 under Windows. A tool such as "HP USB STICK FORMAT" is needed to format bigger sizes.
Installing the system software
- Switch off the device
- Plug in the USB stick in any of the device's USB ports
- Power on the device
- The device loader will recognize the USB stick during the boot sequence automatically and initiates the installation from the USB stick
- Please do not interrupt the installation and wait until the device powers down. You will see a LED on the device's front flashing periodically during the installation and then going to off state when it is finished.
- Remove the USB stick and restart the device