The 2nd Stage Loader validates the NXF file being loaded against the security memory contents (see 2nd Stage Loader Manual for a more detailed description)
If the parameters in your security memory don't match the one in the NXF file the firmware won't be started and a FIRMWAREMISMATCH is detected.
When using a custom security memory the settings in the NXF file file header need to be adjusted to match the security memory contents.
The following parameters are verified:
- Manufacturer Code
- Device Class
- Hardware Compatibility Index
- Hardware Options
This can be done using the TagListEditor as follows:
- Open the NXF file with the tag list editor
- Open the Device Header Editor
- Insert the data from your security memory and confirm the changes
NOTE: Setting the Manufacture code to 0 will disable firmware validation
- Save the file, either to a new file via "Save As" or overwriting the opened file via "Save"