The rights system has changed from Windows XP to Vista and 7. If you installed a previous version of the driver (pre 1.0) incorrect right are set on the driver's devices. This cannot be fixed easily as these rights cannot be changed once set.
The following steps can be performed and will require administrator rights:
- Uninstall the cifX Device Driver
- Disable the UAC (User Account Control)
- Open the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Change security settings on the following key (including subkeys):
- Right-click key and select "Permissions"
- Select "Advanced"
- Select "Owner"-Tab and Select your name to be the owner. Make sure the checkbox "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" is checked.
- Click Apply
- Go To the "Permissions"- Tab
- Check the Box "Replace all child object permissions..."
- Uncheck the Box "Include inheritable permissions from the object's parent"
- Add the User "Everyone" and make sure he gets "Full Control" access rights
- Click apply
- Delete the above registry key.
- Re-Enable UAC
- Reinstall cifX Device Driver
Version 1.0 and earlier.